Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Late summer New England...

Oh my Lord, what a beautiful day! There is a faint, sweet smell of spices and soup in the air and the breeze is carrying it into my window. Signs of early fall have begun and appropriately, it has begun gently so we are able to appreciate each drop in degree. Thank God, the humidity has ceased! The air is cool and the sun is muted, creating one of those cloudless skies of DEEP blue that rarely exist (I never saw one the whole three years I lived in San Diego). The trees are yellowing at their edges, but the leafy bows hold on to their adornment in the breeze. Nothing is falling yet. The wind is crisp and clean and full of joy!

2 comments:

Ethan said...

MORE!!! NOT LONG ENOUGH!!! MORE!! MORE!! MORE!!

Liz Jamison said...

I agree with Ethan. More!!!